Garment and Yarn Care
When your Montana Bison Fashion & Furs item knitted with Montana Bison Wool™ needs to be cleaned, we suggest the following:
- Fill washer with cold water and a small amount of your washing detergent. (Dye and perfume free)
- TURN THE MACHINE OFF AFTER IT FILLS TO DESIRED LEVEL.
- Put knitted garments into the washing machine and let soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully move dial of washer to SPIN. Only SPIN (final spin). When spin is complete remove knitted items.
- Lay flat on dry bath towel, shape garment, let dry.
DO NOT ALLOW KNITWEAR TO BE AGITATED BY THE WASHING MACHINE, OR RUN THROUGH THE WASH CYCLE. IT WILL SIGNIFICANTLY DESTROY THE GARMENT, ITS SIZE, AND MAKE YOU VERY SAD.
Take sweater, mitts, scarves, or hats into the shower with you.
a.Hand wash knitted item carefully with shampoo
b. Rinse (always wash and rinse in same temp water). Gently squeeze out excess water.
c. Roll in bath towel to absorb water. Lay flat on dry towel, shape garment, let dry.
NOTE: Warm water alone will not shrink natural knitwear or fibers. Washing in warm water then rinsing in cold water will “shock” the fibers and cause shrinkage. Agitating the knitted item or fibers when wet (think washboard) causes felting and “shrinking” of the garment.
- All Montana Bison Fashion knitwear may be dry cleaned.
- It is recommended that all felted garments be dry cleaned only.
- All Bison Furs should be treated by a reputable dry cleaner or specialty fur cleaning service.
Storing your Montana Bison Fashion & Furs
Fold and keep on a shelf or in a drawer. If you fear moths might find and decide to live and breed in your knitwear, felted garment, or yarn stash, place item(s) in a sealed container.
Disclaimer: Please understand, these are recommendations; Montana Bison Fashion & Furs is not responsible for mishaps involving shrinkage or damage to your garment while cleaning or washing items using our suggested guidelines and methods. We have had success without incident, but can not guarantee results based on unforeseen circumstances regarding amount of agitation, water temperature, etc.. Newer front load wash machines offer a hand-wash cycle. Follow manufacturer’s directions.